Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Missing one Tuesday and one item of baggage!

Kirsten has in deed shown me much love and some of her neighbourhood in Auckland, New Zealand. I was greeted early Wednesday morning with a big warm smile, welcoming hug and a single pink rose (see left)! Sadly not only did I lose Tuesday 15 April somewhere flying between LA and NZ, but also my big blue suitcase! I'm hoping to get it back tomorrow because it has all the really useful and important stuff in it (like wine, presents, clean clothes and undies). Good news it arrived Thursday morning after we'd been out to explore Mission Bay, St Helier's and Kohimarama - will blog separately on that. I started drafting this last night but realised i had very little brain - so simply added pics to other posts!!

In the mean time I've been able to shower, borrow some clothes and go for brunch at Cafe Jazz. They serve a delicious corn fritter with bacon, hollandiase sauce, tomato chutney and salad. Plus a coffee called something flat? - I forget what though, feeling very tired after only a few hours sleep!
I've also seen her old home (tasted her homegrown salads), the now not so local school where she did pottery classes (very impressed by her solitaire game base) and I'm now relaxing at her new home (very modern, open plan, lovely). I've encountered already a variety of wildlife - a cockroach that scared the hell out of me in the shower until I caught it; a weta (good sign of healthy ecosystem - see pic); and a sickly looking praying mantis (on camera phone so you'll have to wait till UK for that one!. Kirsten also swatted a mosquito for me that was near my face!

No comments: