Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm having an awesome time!


Well hello there! Life in New Zealand is awesome and I'm having fun in all I do. As you can see from the artwork Kirsten and I created at Karekare beach. We had a fantastic picnic there and we paddled in the warm water as the waves came rushing in.


I've nearly shaken off the jet lag by somehow staying awake about 29 hours with 3 or so hours napping! What I didn't appreciate was the estate agent calling me in the middle of my 1st night. Particularly as I 'd told them I was going to be out of the country until May! Congratulations, you have just written yourself out of the running for selling the house. I thought it might have been someone calling about my missing baggage because it had my mobile number as point of contact. I eventually managed to get back to sleep and woke up early. Kirsten is an awesome cook and made us some blueberry pancakes. Toddle has survived meeting Gordon, their naughty ginger cat! He's also met Gilbert the gorrilla - Will's mini-me!! I'll try and get some pics of those 2 off K because my battery died.


We then went to Mission Bay and saw some sights in the slightly grey/cloudy weather. There was a cinema called Berkeley, which made me think of Aki. We stopped for a coffee and sweet treat - they're called flat whites apparently... We then went back home to collect my suitcase, which arrived at 11.15am, soon after we got in, which was lucky because they'd told us it'd be there after noon!



The good news is that I have managed to bring across some sunshine from the states. Kirsten thinks I sold my soul to the devil but I keep telling her I've been very good and in any case my soul is far too important to let go. I'm simply truly blessed! ;)

Check out the blue sky and sun shining on the Maori Pa below! We also went to Piha beach, stopping at the West Coast Gallery - awesome artwork, picked up some excellent postcards and picture notebook.

Went out for drinks last night and played pool in a 70s kitsch bar called the Crib. So it was only fitting that we had cheese fondu for dinner!! We're off to the Bay of Islands for long weekend - return on Tuesday, so i don't expect I'll be able to blog till then. My camera is fully charged, so there will be pictures, until then bye for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Emily - looks a bit chilly on that beach!!

Mx

Emily West-Sadler said...

Thanks Marc, yes I suppose 25 degrees on Karekare beach is a tad on the cold side LOL! We would have gone swimming if we'd been more prepared. Em x