Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A flash of inspiration!


Hi everyone, just a quickee before I go off on my travels ... I had a flash of inspiration last night about this blog!
This morning I used my new camera to take my profile pic with Big Toddle - took several attempts to get one just right, plus I needed to apply some make-up to deal with extreme close up LOL!! :-)

But that wasn't the real reason for waking up early, oh no I just couldn't stop thinking about how I can become more authentic a la 7 stages book ... I think it was Sarah's email to me saying this is a new chapter in my life that got me going hmmm ... time for some reflection and conscious thinking about what needs to change. I'm already doing a lot of things with my life that I really love and enjoy. It just needs a bit of tweaking here and there because there is always room for improvement. I haven't got time to go into details but I can already picture what I want to post and share with you all.
The heated pool was disappointingly cold so I chickened out of a swim and had a hot shower instead. I had a lovely continental breakfast and chat with a German couple from Hamburg and Munster. They told me about Treasure Island in San Fran and how I should definitely walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. They'd also been to the Monterey Aquarium 5 years ago planning to go for only 2 hours and stayed half the day! I'm not sure I'll have that luxury if I'm going to avoid bad traffic near San Fran. Ok better leave now, hopefully I'll get a chance to post more soon.
Best wishes, with love Emily x

4 comments:

Pjjam said...

Fantastic!

Good to hear you're getting up early - make the most of the best of the day :) Not to mention the healthy, wealthy and wise thing!

As for chilly swimming, if the weather holds then I might expect you to wiggle your toes in the Tasman, so toughen up if you can!!

Have a lovely day and tell us all about San Fran (a place high on my list!)

Very pleased to hear you so excited about taking positive action. I'm looking forward to a fizzing person arriving in NZ. You sound like Champagne!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Lots of love
Kx

Unknown said...

Hiya Emily

It realy is great to hear how you are and how positive and exciting life is feeling :)

Can't wait to see you in May and catch up, though I'm sure you want the next few weeks to go slowly so you can enjoy and savour every minute!

Take care

Lots love Hxx

shivani said...

Wow! it sounds like you are having such an amazing time!!

You sound so happy and cheerful and full of excitement! :)

hugs, Shivani x

Emily West-Sadler said...

Thanks Kirsten, Hannah and Shivani, it's great to read your comments and know that you're out there thinking of me.

Kirsten, I hope your move goes well today/weekend. Definitely up for some fizz in NZ and will give swimming a go if the weather holds just to say I've done it! Not quite the same in a pool over here though.

Looking forward to seeing you Hannah in your new place. I hope your move goes well.

Special thanks to Shivani for loaning that Lonely Planet map book - it's awesome! I've had a lot of fun driving to suggested places to visit, eat and shop!

Anyway going with Aki to Muir Woods now to try and hug a huge redwood tree - she's been able to take the day off work :-)

Love Emily xx