Sunday, May 4, 2008

All change ...

I can't believe I'm back in the UK already and it almost being time to go back to work - thankfully one more day to go, got to love English May bank holidays. I've just spoken to Kirsten who told me the weather in New Zealand has changed for the worse, since I've gone (apologies in advance for the language if you're easily offended)... "it so pissed it down yesterday. monsooned all day :( big southerlies from antarctica"

It's even been snowing in the national park and was a complete whiteout when I looked at the webcam ... there have even been some rumblings from the volcano and to think I climbed it a week ago! At least Will and Kirsten can look forward to some skiing if it stays inactive! Talking of which, they have been causing trouble, planting seeds for me to ponder, about returning to work over there during a ski season. It does have a certain appeal I have to admit....

Any hoo, there's still last Monday (wine tasting + fish market) and Tuesday (packing + CV writing) in NZ to blog when it was sunny-ish, plus travelling back via Hong Kong and facing jet lag in UK chez the Buchans (Ben's sister). All I can say is thank goodness I was able to extend the holiday a bit by taking up Emma and Matthew's kind invitation to stay with them - since Matt picked me up from the airport. It was great to see a friendly face at Heathrow (when I felt absolutely exhausted); plus it's been so good to be able to relax and spend time with them and baby Charlotte - she's so cute see pic!

I'm hoping I'm over the worst of the jet lag now - they helped me stay up late and wake up early, so I think my body clock is back to normal. I need to remember to be kind to myself though (and I hope others will be too) because I'm probably not fully recovered, so if you see me please be gentle!

2 comments:

Pjjam said...

And it's so cold!! We've had the heaters on and the electric blanket will be in use pretty soon.

Ski season opens in a month - Woot Woot!! And there are places on instructor's courses for this year. But that might be a bit soon. The NZSIA Stage 1 is NZ$15000 including accommodation. Just putting the info here :)

Pleased you're feeling better.

It was lovely to have you here and we're missing you lots (even Gordon sends an affectionate nibble your way!)

Big hugs and good luck with the job and return to work.

Kx

Emily West-Sadler said...

Thanks Kirsten (for info too!), still waking up early with a slight headache, so must still be a bit dehydrated - not too surprising I guess after time spent with Emma and Matt ;)

I intend to look after myself better and have got roasted tomatoe soup out of freezer to defrost.

Just looked at your blog and it's wicked - love your style and pics.

Take care and keep warm.

Emily x